The following analysis of select counties of the Idaho real estate market is provided by Windermere Real Estate Chief Economist Matthew Gardner. We hope that this information may assist you with making better-informed real estate decisions. For further information about the housing market in your area, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.
Following a trend that started last fall, job growth in Idaho continues to moderate. The addition of 18,400 new jobs year-over-year represents an annual growth rate of 2.5%. This is to be expected at this point in the economic cycle, but it’s worth noting that the current rate of job growth remains well above the national average of 1.6%.
In May, the state unemployment rate was 2.8%, marginally lower than the 2.9% rate of a year ago. The state remains at full employment, though it is interesting to note that the employment rate remained below 3% even as the labor force rose 2%, suggesting that the economy remains very robust as there are still job openings to accommodate new workers.
- 6,936 homes were sold during the second quarter of 2019, representing a modest drop of 2.8% from the second quarter of 2018.
- In Northern Idaho, Shoshone County was the only county to experience sales growth, with sales up by 21.3% over the second quarter of 2018. There was a modest decline in sales in the other two counties. In Southern Idaho, Canyon and Payette counties had modest sales growth, but the rest of the region experienced lower sales activity.
- Year-over-year sales growth was positive in just one of the Northern Idaho counties. Sales rose in two Southern Idaho market areas relative to the same period a year ago.
- Pending sales rose in the quarter, suggesting that closed sales next quarter are likely to be an improvement over current figures.
- The average home price in the region rose 7.8% year-over-year to $358,406 and was 3.2% higher than the first quarter of this year. Continue reading…..
Windermere Powerhouse Group knows how important it is to understand our real estate market and how curious everyone is to know what is going on in our community. So we’re sharing our monthly market snapshot and detailed reports of the Treasure Valley real estate market. Reports are available through the links below and our agents are always available to answer questions and provide information on specific areas you are interested in.
Are you the waterboy or the quarterback?
Do you feel like you are working for everyone but yourself? Here are 5 top tips for success:
- Write down your dreams and goals. Be specific and develop a plan to reach them.
Do you get one-on-one coaching with your Broker to guide your career development and help you achieve those goals? We help you development a plan that is ready to execute, yet nimble enough to shift as the market changes with regular updates.
- Take action. Goals are nothing without action. Get started today.
We offer annual business planning, sales and marketing coaching and planning, and create a budget with you that includes a plan to execute. We have integrated software tools to help you track your efforts and create your marketing materials. You have an entire team to guide and support you every step of the way as you climb the ladder to success.
- Be honest, dependable, and take responsibility, otherwise none of these will matter.
We offer group resources and support to help keep you on track and accountable – benefits of being a part of group without having to be on a team. Our agents are able to have focused careers, yet lead balanced lives.
- How you think is everything. Think success, not failure, as your life tends to go wherever the focus leads.
Gain the mental discipline, focus, lead-generation techniques, and relationship-building skills that are designed to get the best results. Through individualized meetings, complimentary classes, and our proprietary systems, we help you grow your business.
- Don’t be afraid to innovate and be different. Following the herd is a fast track to mediocrity.
If you are feeling like just another number, you probably are. From the moment you walk through our doors, you will see and feel the difference in our way of thinking. We offer tools and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of the industry.
If you are feeling stuck at your current brokerage, let’s talk! We have an amazing culture of collaboration where you will be surrounded by a positive environment that fosters a sense of community and success, as well as a space you can be proud to bring clients. Click here to schedule an office tour today!